Note: This recommendation is for production environment setup.
The following server configuration is recommended for running complete Bahmni with all sub-systems, i.e. OpenMRS, OpenERP and OpenELIS.
- CPU - Quad core (8 core, if in future you would want to run PACS integration from the same server)
- Memory - 8 GB (16 GB, if in future you would want to run PACS integration from the same server)
- Hard disk - 500GB (doesn’t include the disk space needed for PACS integration or if you plan to upload a lot of files/images)
Three servers are recommended in a production environment:
- Active server
- Passive server with replication, can be made active in case of Active server failure
- Pre-production server to test changes
A blue-green setup is recommended for new releases to minimize downtime. The pre-production server is updated, tested and can be made the active server when ready.